Almost 200 people made their way into the main screening room at the Palace Theatre in Lake Placid April 26 to help launch a campaign to keep small town movie cinemas in the Adirondack region alive.
As the number of arrests for meth possession, usage, and manufacturing continue to rise in communities across the North Country, the emergency personnel trained to keep area residents safe must prepare themselves to be ready to respond should a meth related emergency arise.
The Adirondack North Country Association and local theaters are hosting a kickoff event for the “Go Digital or Go Dark” fundraising campaign Friday, April 26, from 5 to 6:15 p.m. at the Palace Theatre in Lake Placid.
Attracting young people to the region and keeping them here was more than a talking point at the sixth annual Adirondack Young Professionals Economic Forum. It was a call to action.
Documentary by Bill Moyer to be shown locally.
PLATTSBURGH—Co-operation between Canadian and American economic ventures was discussed at the North Country Chamber of Commerce on Monday, March 25.
North Country Chamber of Commerce President Garry Douglas announced the findings of the chamber’s business confidence survey at the annual State Legislative Forum breakfast on Friday, March 1 at the Holiday Inn in Plattsburgh.
Business confidence reports show that North Country residents have faith that the local economy is on firm ground.
LWV to make a case for campaign finance reform in New York State.
A new not-for-profit committee has been set up to continue the work needed to bring back the Keeseville Civic Center.
Mayor Dale Holderman and New York Department of State representative Sean Maguire spoke to members of the Board of Trustees and residents Feb. 12 about the next steps in the village dissolution process.
NYSP Col. Tom Fazio, Assistant Council Kevin Bruen and Senior Investigator Joe DeMaria addressed media and over 50 who attended the SAFE Act public information meeting at the Lake Placid Conference Center.
Governor Andrew M. Cuomo Tuesday, Jan. 22 unveiled the proposed 2013-14 Executive Budget and Management Plan.
Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo Wednesday, Jan. 9 delivered his 2012 State of the State Address.
It’s no longer about tweaking the health care system, says Chandler Ralph, President and CEO of Adirondack Health.
- Opinion: Editorial cartoon
- 'Contact the Editor' Link
- Essex County Board of Supervisors Meeting, Monday, Nov. 7
- Essex County Ways and Means Meeting Oct. 31
- Essex County Board of Supervisors
- What is OhSoLocal?
- Gov. Cuomo in Plattsburgh
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
- U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder Speaks at the 2011 Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- Clinton, Essex and Franklin Co. District Attorneys attend Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- U.S. District Attorneys of Northern NY, VT, NH and ME attend 2011 Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- Governor Andrew Cuomo announces Route 73 is now open Irene
- Governor Andrew Cuomo speaks in wake of Irene
- Cuomo launches the North Country Regional Economic Development Council
- Lewis has harsh words for APA board