Area community leaders hear about the proposals in Gov. Cuomo's Opportunity Agenda from Lt. Gov. Kathy Hochul in her recent visit to Glens Falls — and Hochul along with many of Cuomo's initiatives receive a warm welcome.
Area state legislators Dan Stec and Betty Little, reacting to the corruption charges filed against state Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver, say its time for Silver to give up his post so the state can get back to business at hand.
Identifying high taxation as a longstanding problem in the state, Cuomo proposes a program that should return an average sum of $781 to 543,300 upstate homeowners and renters through an income tax credit.
Beloved by upstate voters, U.S. Rep. Chris Gibson makes the surprise announcement that he's retiring from Congress — at least temporarily.
Lakes to Locks Passage, based out of Crown Point, has received $153,000 to help support its geotourism initiative.
Representative-elect Elise Stefanik (R-NY) met with future constituents in Willsboro on Thursday, Dec. 18.
Although they fell short of winning office in last week’s state and federal elections, Green Party officials say the best is yet to come.
While the Congresswoman-elect scorched her Democratic opponent by 20 points, the GOP rock star failed to pull off a victory in Essex County.
Republican Elise Stefanik makes history in becoming the youngest woman elected to serve in the US House of Representatives.
With hours until Election Day, the three congressional hopefuls spent Saturday locking down support in Glens Falls.
Just days before next week's general election, GOP gubernatorial hopeful Rob Astorino touched down in Plattsburgh to rally the faithful.
Karen Bisso, Conservative challenger in New York’s 115th Assembly district, has filed a complaint alleging ethics violations against incumbent Janet Duprey (R, I).
Elise Stefanik, the Republican candidate for Congress, touched down in Elizabethtown on Wednesday morning to meet with local business owners.
Congressional candidate Aaron Woolf’s (D, W) campaign made a swing through the Plattsburgh Housing Authority this week.
With seven days until Election Day, the Woolf campaign is putting their boots to the pavement.
- Opinion: Editorial cartoon
- 'Contact the Editor' Link
- Essex County Board of Supervisors Meeting, Monday, Nov. 7
- Essex County Ways and Means Meeting Oct. 31
- Essex County Board of Supervisors
- NY-21 GOP picks Stefanik
- Gov. Cuomo in Plattsburgh
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
- U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder Speaks at the 2011 Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- Clinton, Essex and Franklin Co. District Attorneys attend Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- U.S. District Attorneys of Northern NY, VT, NH and ME attend 2011 Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- Governor Andrew Cuomo announces Route 73 is now open Irene
- Governor Andrew Cuomo speaks in wake of Irene
- Cuomo launches the North Country Regional Economic Development Council
- Lewis has harsh words for APA board