Plattsburgh Town Councilman Michael Cashman announced his candidacy for the office of Plattsburgh Town Supervisor on April 13.
Essex farmer appears on Fred Dicker show
Essex County reached Capital-area airwaves this morning when Essex-based cattle farmer Sandy Lewis appeared on Fred Dicker’s Talk 1300 radio show to discuss a variety of local issues.
Gov. Andrew Cuomo said last week's state’s education reforms will be a bedrock of his legacy. But for one powerful union, they’re a disgraceful sham.
Following the passage of the state budget on Tuesday, New York’s education system is set to implement some of its most dramatic and fundamental reforms in years.
Essex County lawmakers and environmental groups say the approved increase to the state's oil spill fund is crucial as more oil tankers roll through the region.
The embattled Essex town clerk has been granted conditional bond following his arrest last month on a series of federal pornography charges.
Traditional hoteliers are pressuring Essex County to close what they view as a bed tax loophole on vacation rental properties.
Assemblywoman Janet L. Duprey (R,I – Peru) joined Assembly Minority Leader Brian M. Kolb (R,C – Canandaigua) at a press conference to present a 17-point reform package that would bring openness and accountability back to state government.
Area community leaders hear about the proposals in Gov. Cuomo's Opportunity Agenda from Lt. Gov. Kathy Hochul in her recent visit to Glens Falls — and Hochul along with many of Cuomo's initiatives receive a warm welcome.
Area state legislators Dan Stec and Betty Little, reacting to the corruption charges filed against state Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver, say its time for Silver to give up his post so the state can get back to business at hand.
Identifying high taxation as a longstanding problem in the state, Cuomo proposes a program that should return an average sum of $781 to 543,300 upstate homeowners and renters through an income tax credit.
Beloved by upstate voters, U.S. Rep. Chris Gibson makes the surprise announcement that he's retiring from Congress — at least temporarily.
Lakes to Locks Passage, based out of Crown Point, has received $153,000 to help support its geotourism initiative.
Representative-elect Elise Stefanik (R-NY) met with future constituents in Willsboro on Thursday, Dec. 18.
Although they fell short of winning office in last week’s state and federal elections, Green Party officials say the best is yet to come.
- Opinion: Editorial cartoon
- 'Contact the Editor' Link
- Essex County Board of Supervisors Meeting, Monday, Nov. 7
- Essex County Ways and Means Meeting Oct. 31
- Essex County Board of Supervisors
- Lewis on Fred Dicker
- NY-21 GOP picks Stefanik
- Gov. Cuomo in Plattsburgh
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
- U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder Speaks at the 2011 Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- Clinton, Essex and Franklin Co. District Attorneys attend Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- U.S. District Attorneys of Northern NY, VT, NH and ME attend 2011 Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- Governor Andrew Cuomo announces Route 73 is now open Irene
- Governor Andrew Cuomo speaks in wake of Irene
- Cuomo launches the North Country Regional Economic Development Council